Radio Frequency 454.275
Leytonstone Masjid has been serving the Leytonstone Muslim Community for over 40 years.
Scroll Down to find out more about us
The mosque was registered for solemnising marriages on 13th Feb 1978
The mosque has grown in size and can now accommodate about 1,000 people.
Leytonstone Islamic Association Formed.
Leytonstone Masjid opened its doors to cater to the local Muslim community.
Before Leytonstone Masjid
Prior to the Masjid's establishment, the Leytonstone Islamic Association was set up to serve the local Muslim population, and between 1969-1976 would do so by hiring out a hall, which would be used for Jummah and Eid Prayers, as well as a weekend Madressa.
Collections then took place in order to fund the purchase of a property which would later be converted into a mosque.
In 1976, with donations entirely provided by the local Muslim community, a church was purchased, and subsequently converted into a mosque.
- A commitment to provide high quality and affordable Islamic Education for the children and young people of our community
- A Commitment to provide services which take into account the diversity within our community
- A Commiment to...
- Islamic Education for our Children and Young People since 1969.
- Building of the first Mosque in Waltham Forest.
- Raised over £... in the last 5 years for several charities.
- A mosque built by the people of Leytonstone for the people of Leytonstone.
- Improving Community relations with the wider community through Open Days
Registered Charity 273945
© Leytonstone Islamic Association 2017
Site Design by VEXAvWeb